Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Collage

I know that some people had these huge lists of topics to choose from to make their collages, however, my list was very small.  The only two realistic options were to make one about my family or to make one about color guard.  I didn't really want to do family, I mean it's kind of obvious that our families make us who we are, there's not really much of an explanation needed.  However, if you even say color guard, most people don't even know what it is.  Color guard is essentially dance, we just happen to spin rifles, sabres, and flags as well.  I've done color guard since the fifth grade.  It can be the most frustrating thing in the world, but it is also the happiest place sometimes.  When you go to practice, it is the only thing that you have to think about, the rest of the world and your problems just disappear.  It's like you are in a different universe because nothing else matters.  You have your friends that are really like family and all any of you have to think about is what we can do to get better.  It's our common goal when we are all practicing.  Color guard has really become the biggest part of my identity, they're my family and I try to approach obstacles in life the way I would approach a problem at practice.  It has truly made me the person that I am today.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a bit confused. You said there is no reason to talk about family but then you say color guard is your family. So should you not talk about color guard then? You could say that color guard is more than just a family outside of your intermediate one. So that other readers aren't confused as to why you're talking about your second family after you said you weren't going to talk about family.

    ReplyDelete